Personalized marketing tools for who you are. Helping you to achieve your business goals. Powerful, simplified tool to send emails, create pages and automate your marketing. Try for free. Perfect timing. Autoresponders. 99% email deliverability. A/B testing.
What is GetResponse?
GetResponse is a comprehensive marketing software platform that helps you create content, boost sales, and increase traffic to your website. Integrated email marketing, autoresponders, and landing pages let you automate essential tasks and launch effective marketing campaigns. Advanced analytics make it easy to track conversions, leads, and ROI, and learn what your customers want. Customizable template scenarios do the work for you – no coding necessary.
GetResponse claims to be the easiest newsletter tool available, with a tonne of pro features. This is a big claim, especially as their prices are so competitive. The Polish-based company’s global reach extends to 182 countries, and claim to engage over 1 billion subscribers every month! That’s a lot of emails.
Feature-wise, they do boast a lot more than most other email marketing services. From simple A/B testing to custom landing pages; comprehensive design testing to video email marketing.
The landing pages are especially interesting as they are part of Conversion Funnel, a new feature that takes care of traffic generation and can even act as an online store including payment processing. Another feature that’s worth mentioning is their automation, allowing for advanced automated campaigns based on triggers/conditions such as sales or even location. Other tools offer automation, but most are not as powerful or user-friendly.
On higher-tier plans, you also get access to their webinar feature. It was certainly enough to capture our interest.
GetResponse Review: Summary
GetResponse is an all-in-one marketing platform that, as well as email marketing, offers landing pages, a CRM, and advanced automation. Rank them pretty favorably due to their range of advanced features. Their entry plan is reasonably priced and they offer a generous discount to NGOs.
Pros and Cons
- Intelligent list automation: More powerful than most tools, GetResponse’s list automation allows you to add many conditions to help segment your subscriber list automatically.
- Design and spam testing: Both useful and easy to use, this can often be a feature that either costs a bomb, or just plain doesn’t work with other tools. GetResponse got it right.
- Conversion Funnel and landing page feature: Conversion Funnel is a lead generation feature that allows you to create sales funnels and landing pages for various areas of your business. This is a great addition for those running eCommerce sites or promoting webinars.
- Deliverability: Not scoring brilliantly in our deliverability tests, feel this is slightly letting GetResponse down.
Is GetResponse the right newsletter service for you?
- You want to capture customer leads: GetResponse is one of the few newsletter tools tested that’s truly built for inbound. It offers flexible forms, a landing page editor, Google Analytics integration, and sophisticated automation for segmentation and emails, allowing you to both captures and nurtures new leads. On top of that, it’s even possible to host live and on-demand webinars with them. Their new Conversion Funnel feature allows you to do all of this in an organized manner and easily track where’s converting best.
- You’re an eCommerce: If you’re an online store owner, GetResponse is packed with features to help you drive more sales – integrations with platforms like Magento and Shopify, abandoned cart campaigns, dynamic email content (e.g. based on purchases), and sales tracking. These are available from the PROFESSIONAL plan and upwards.
If you opt for the cheaper ESSENTIAL plan, as an eCommerce, you’ll benefit from GetResponse’s Autofunnel feature. Here you can set up or connect your eCommerce site and start building your sales funnel with landing and thank you pages, social media campaigns, and much more. Autofunnel is ideal for small businesses selling products and services online.
GetResponse came through with the goods, managing to provide both the features and ease-of-use that most other newsletter tools fall short of. Also noted are the great automation mechanisms for list management, as well as its flexible and intuitive automation workflows.
While the editor can be a little fiddly when performing certain tasks, their templates are responsive and good enough to create something useful. There’s even an app for iOS and Android that allows you not only to track but also to send newsletters on the go.
With its long list of powerful features like landing pages and even webinars, and now with its new Autofunnel feature, GetResponse is certainly doing quite a few things right. While it would be great to see an uplift in deliverability rates, GetResponse scores extremely well in most other areas. As an email marketing tool, it’s versatile enough to perform almost everything you’d need. Certainly found this to be true in our case for EmailToolTester’s email campaigns, and it’s a tool we’d have few reservations about recommending to others.
What's Your Reaction?